I have never recieved so much praise for my cookies. Ever. Did I mention they sold out in 10 minutes? These are without doubt, the Best Chocolate Chunk Cookies ON EARTH. No electric mixer, no funky ingredients, and most importantly, no chilling is required! You are so very welcome.
I’m not even going to write a blurb or whatever. You guys bombarded me with recipe requests and I will deliver… but first… pictures!!
I mean look at that side profile!! Perfectly dense, rich, and soft, with the perfect amount of chew. And don’t me get started on the flavor… I could go on FOREVER.
More low resolution, unedited photos on an old android phone in bad lighting. I’m the worst haha. These photos don’t do them justice at all. I really should invest in a proper camera.
But like. WOW. It saddens me to say this but my 10 calorie vegan AQUAFABA meringues are no longer my pride and joy.
And now for the recipe. Enjoy!
[recipe title=”Best Chocolate Chunk Cookies on Earth” servings=”11″ time=”50 mins (prep+baking)” difficulty=”easy”]
- 1 ½ cup (300g) sugar (more brown sugar for a chewier cookie, more granulated/white for thinner cookies. but I used coconut sugar and they still turned out awesome!)
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg*
- 1 egg yolk*
- 2 cups (255g) flour (I used bread flour for less spread but use all purpose for thinner cookies!)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 200g chocolate, chopped (50% or above is ideal)
- 1 tbsp vanilla (optional)
*room temp please!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/177°C
- Melt butter and brown it if you’re feeling fancy! In a large bowl, beat the melted butter with sugar.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, then vanilla. The mixture should be thick, velvety and smooth.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients and gradually incorporate the powders into the wet ingredients. Fold in gently with a spatula/spoon until just combined.
- Then fold in the chocolate chunks!
- Using a 2 tbsp ice cream scooper, shape the dough into balls. It may be tempting to press down on them but DO NOT. JUST DON’T. (I hate to put it this way, but they will look quite ugly) I managed to fit 5 cookies per tray.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes on a parchment-lined pan until lightly golden and. Let the cookeis sit on the pan for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack (they’re super fragile– be gentle!)
- Store them in an airtight container, these will last up to one week at room temperature. That is, if you’re miraculously unable to finish off the batch.
Anddddd there you have it! The Best Chocolate Chunk Cookies on Earth!! You are very welcome 🙂
Remember to tag me @imheatherr on Instagram if you tried this recipe out!
<< pin this!!