Only 7 ingredients and 30 minutes for the ultimate brownie cookie combo: shiny cracked tops and chewy centers…a must-have recipe that’ll disappear in seconds! A major crowd pleaser with vegan alternatives, this recipe can be adapted for more fulffiness.. or more fudgyness!
Only 110 calories!
There is no better way to treat yourself than some pre-Christmas baking! Before y’all come at me for posting an unhealthy recipe, I SWEAR by the 80-20 rule! 110 calories (full macros below) aren’t hard to fit into your macros AT ALL… anddd you can never have too much dessert anyways 🙂
One bite of these and I KNEW I had found the perfect recipe. Will you look at that shine!
I had 4 of these for breakfast!
Not convinced? Then perhaps you’ll prefer:
- 10 calorie vegan AQUAFABA meringues
- oil-free yogurt pancakes
- apple cinnamon harvest overnight oats
- a hearty batch of vegan Chinese scallion pancakes
or my travel posts… reading them will cost you ZERO CALORIES! whoop whoop!
Before we begin… a little tip for you: the key to perfecting these cookies are to slightly underbake them. Unless you want dry and tasteless hockey pucks… They should be shiny and crackled on the surface but soft in the center, like a brownie!
[recipe title=”The Best FUDGIEST CHOCOLATEY Brownie Chunk Cookies” servings=”11″ time=”30 mins (prep+baking)” difficulty=”super easy!!”]
- 110g dark chocolate (feel free to use 100g if you’re in a hurry… but keep in mind the more chocolate, the more cracks!)
- 2 tbsp butter/vegan buttery spread (add a lil‘ more if chocolate is 100g)
- 1 egg/ flax egg
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla/butter extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/177°C
- Melt chocolate with butter over low heat, or microwave at 20-second intervals, stirring between each to prevent burning.
- Beat egg, sugar, and extract in a large bowl until just combined and mix in the chocolate-butter mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt.
- Incorporate dry into wet as gently as possible so the batter won’t accumulate air (and get all cakey… drop a like if you’d prefer fudgy over cakey anytime!)
- Shape 1 – 1.5 tbsp of batter into balls: press down slightly for fudgy, chewier cookies or keep them ball-shaped for fluffier cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes on a parchment-lined pan and allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack (so they won’t break)
- Enjoy while hot 🙂
Anddddd there you have it! The best, fudgiest, most chocolatey brownie chunk cookies… under 30 minutes!! Remember to tag me @imheatherr on Instagram if you tried this recipe out!
Merry early Christmas!