Before y’all ask where I’ve been, I’ve had five tests in the past week, AND, it was China’s birthday yesterday. That’s why.
We had a nice barbecue too, y’know, in case you were wondering 🙂
Anywayyyy back to the recipe. Maybe it’s just my bad luck, but I’ve tried so many pancake mixes, from buckwheat to quinoa powder, and they’ve all turned out REALLY dense. But look at this. GOLDEN and FLUFFY and PLAIN MARVELOUS.
Sure, you can whip up a pancake from a box mix or grab one from the grocery shop, but we’re talking about home-made pancakes from scratch on a cold winter day, while you’re still in your pjs, sleep in your eyes, eating one hot off the stove while cooking the next batch…
Now that’s what I’m talking about!
If you’re looking for a good pancake—scratch that—a HOLY-CRAP-THIS-IS-ADDICTIVE-pancake recipe, well, you’re in luck! This simple, healthy, LOW FAT HEALTHY Yogurt Pancakes recipe is not only perfectly textured— fluffy and soft, exploding with autumn feels, but also leaves room for a touch (a ginormous squirt) of honey, syrup, agave or a sprinkle of pecans, blueberries, bacon… afsjlskdfjlsdls I CAN ALREADY TASTE IT!!!
Oh and the funny thing is, I actually stumbled on this recipe by accident. I got kinda frustrated at all those failed batches of pancakes and literally threw these ingredients in a bowl (okay so I measured them in a cup for an accurate ratio), smushed them together (yeah I actually mixed it carefully with a spoon), plopped it in a pan, and WOW. THEY ACTUALLY TURNED OUT PERFECT!?!
Here’s another picture to bless your eyes.
And finally… The RECIPE!
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (sub for flax egg if. vegan)
- LOADS OF CINNAMON (optional)
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients until all (most) lumps are gone (don’t over-mix!)
- Heat pan over medium heat and coat with a little butter or oil
- When the pan is warm, ladle batter on and turn the heat down slightly (to prevent burning) and gently spread batter into a circle
- Cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface and underside is golden brown.
- Flip pancake CAREFULLY, and wait for the other side to turn golden brown. The second side should be done much quicker
- Top with honey, nuts, cinnamon, and fruits. Enjoy while hot!
Enjoyed this recipe? Pin it!
Well that was kind of it! Hopefully this recipe works for you 🙂
Happy late National Day!♥♥♥