Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats are honestly the most perfect healthy, easy and yummy breakfast to start off autumn! Just 5 minutes of prep time the night before and wake up to this cozy breakfast. (gluten-free, vegetarian friendly!)
I’ve been eating plain, hot, oatmeal in milk and bananas, trying to stay healthy, but since autumn’s coming up, I thought I might spice things up a little. After all, being healthy doesn’t mean “disgusting” or “ugly” food— healthy can look good and taste good as well 🙂
Autumn is the month of being extra. (puh-lease. fall sounds way too basic to be a season) And who doesn’t love a good excuse for a cute lil’ breakfast to brighten up your day? Um, me please!?
Anyway. I found a recipe from livelytable.com and I thought I’d modify it slightly to “healthi-fy” and “autumn-fy” it. Doesn’t this look DELICIOUS?
The best thing about this isn’t just the taste, or how healthy it is. ITS THE MOST GENIUS BREAKFAST IDEA FOR LAZY PEOPLE. EVEN A TODDLER CAN MAKE IT THEMSELVES.
5 MINUTES guys. Just FIVE MINUTES. Then your fridge does the rest.
How crazy is that?
And it’s served multiple ways as well. Cold. Hot. Topping as yogurt. It’s so easy to carry around and it’s so cute too— everyone will be jealous af :)))
Even better? You can mix and match SO many combinations for oats! Swap the apples for banana, add some almond butter, and whisk it into the perfect protein smoothie. Swap the pecans for almonds for a low fat option. Opt for almond milk or coconut milk depending on your preference.
Anyway, I know y’all only came for the recipe so here it is：
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp agave (can swap for honey and syrup)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk (almond, coconut, low fat, whatever！)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (or more!)
- 1/ cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg OPTIONAL.
- chunks of apple (around 1/2 of a large apple, and you can eat the rest on it’s own!)
- 3~5 whole pecans chopped up OPTIONAL
- and a pinch of extra cinnamon in honor of autumn 🙂
1. Add all ingredients into a bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Pour into a container (preferably with a lid, and close it if it does)
3. Refrigerate overnight (6+ hours)
4. Enjoy on a chilly autumn day!🍂🌬
Enjoyed this recipe? Pin it!
Well that was kind of it! Hopefully this recipe works for you 🙂